Sunday, January 18, 2009

Children really are God's greatest gift...


I have discovered that I have many wishes...too many wishes.  I always thought (or maybe tried to convince myself) that I was content with whatever my life held at that particular time, apparently this is not the case.  Ever since I was young I had a fantasy that I would find my mysterious genie who would miraculously grant me three wishes (and an extra one just because I was so special). I would spend hours on end pondering what my wishes would be...the ability to read minds, to travel anywhere at the snap of my fingers, to save the world...I was a dreamer.  I now think one of my wishes would be being happy; twenty four hours-a-day sincerely happy.


This weekend I had Conner and Carter for a few days and as always it was so much fun.  On Saturday night I took the kids bowling and had a great time teaching them to bowl, being goofy, and laughing our little hearts out.  The games were a touch slow but I was so proud of both of them for not wanting to use the bumpers at all.  Besides, its like Conner said, "we did better than nothing".  When we got home I tucked the boys into bed, a few hours later I heard some noise coming from their bedroom and went in to check on them.  My heart melted.  Conner was fast asleep laughing his little heart away.  He was telling stories, singing, and laughing a deep soulful laugh that brings joy to my heart.  I caught a bit of this episode on video (and unfortunately cut it short when I got greedy and turned on the closet light), the first 16 seconds or so is of nothing and it is completely dark so you cant see anything but you really don't need too when this is what you hear...



My wish is to be this happy.  To hold my stomach laughing even while Im fast asleep.  I am eternally thankful to experience moments like this when I see how happy my bugs are.  I am so grateful their hearts sing with joy.  


1 comment:

Cheryl Quist said...

He really had a good dream, giggles and all. Too funny! Glad you had a good time.