Wednesday, September 02, 2009

My crazy world...

Ahh where to start? This trip has been so much fun and it has barely even begun. When I decided to come back to Europe I didn’t really know what my plan was. What I did know was that my final destination was Thailand and coming through Europe would make that dramatically cheaper. As always I went back and forth thinking I would stay for a couple days or go to as many countries as my little heart desired for at least a month or two. Europe has been great and I really do adore my time here but being practical I realized soon that it was too expensive for me to be traveling around and then still expecting to live in Thailand for a few months and travel there as well. I found a disgusting seat sale and decided to book for this week which means I leave for Thailand on Friday. Thankfully Juan’s final destination is Thailand as well (he is heading there for school) so we decided to meet up along the way, go to Thailand together, and travel around some too. We are two days away and I am getting unbearably excited. Today I was walking around and just had a huge grin on my face thinking about how much fun I am in for.

So anyway, back to how I landed back in Spain. San Fermin was a crazy festival that just blew me away and when I heard about La Tomatina going on the same time I was in Europe I figured I had to find a way there since it is something I have always wanted to be a part of. It was crazy, im talking mad crazy. 140 tons of tomatoes are brought into the narrow streets of Bunol and thousands upon thousands of people begin the biggest, meanest food fight in all the world. People went mad throwing handfuls of tomatoes in every direction their arms could manage (there were so many people you could barely move let alone throw). I got pelted in the face crazy hard a few times and walked out of the hour food fight with bruises all over. Every inch of your body, of the street, and the houses surrounding were covered in red. It was like I blinked and when I opened my eyes the only color of lens I could see through was red. It was a disaster but such a fun one and definitely worth the trip. Once again, I wish I could explain it better but you just cant sum up an experience like that…it was mad!

In Spain I went to Alicante, Valencia, Bunol, and Barcelona; every city was a different adventure but loads of fun. I got to see some of the friends I met from last time and met some really great ones this time as well. Juan and I met up from there and hitched to Marceilles where we have been couchsurfing for the past four days. This is a beautiful city, actually everywhere I have been in France is wonderful and each time I say that I need to stay longer. One day I hope to be able to spend lots of time in these treasure cities I keep finding (and maybe even have enough money to treat myself to at least one meal out). But alas I am on the road again, this time heading to Italy for only a night and then heading to THAILAND! How crazy is that? I cant wait. I keep wondering where I will end up, what other countries I will visit while I am there, what adventures will I find along my journey. The anticipation right now is eating at me which in itself is very exciting. There are lots of things I get excited over when I think of these next few months and I love that feeling of not being able to wait. I guess there is a difference between being excited and impatiently crazy giddy, the ladder is where I am at.

Today I was walking in the park and I felt my life was a big video game, like I was some character that was being guided around by someone else. Like pac man it was like eating this task, this country, this escapade with each one getting faster and faster to get more points. Do you get what Im saying? Like, +40 points for falling in love, -25 for breaking hearts, +100 for visiting another continent, -50 for not standing still. You catch my drift, but it all goes back and forth. Either way, I realized it was my life I was thinking about, not a game. I need to stop living like it is just a game and realizing the depth of my LIFE. Whether that is working and settling down or traveling to the next place, either option needs to just be lived out in the moment, not just the next thing. I try really hard to do that but it is so hard to live in the moment sometimes, I get caught up and pulled in or not pulled in at all and then my mind wanders in every direction. Hum, not sure if that makes sense or not, actually most of my thoughts arnt making sense right now but I am really enjoying it, it is like rediscovering different thought patterns or ways of thinking, rediscovering me again and again.

On the plus side, I am eating about six cookies a day…big cookies, and that my friends is worth noting!!!

No comments: