Monday, May 18, 2009

My Bedtime Lullaby...




Summer is around the corner so I decided to make myself a few windchimes.  The problem is I fell in love with them, so rather than hang them up outside I just put them above my bed.  At night I give them a little push and fall asleep to their gentle sounds...awe, its so pretty.  I found this poem the other day and had to smile at its parallel...enjoy!


A Matter of Time:


He was given an offering of enchanting music

A wind chime to rest his soul

With every waking day he would open his eyes to his swaying gift

He would study it with great recognition

Appreciating its every move and gentle sound


When he was lonely he would listen to its chime

It would ease his heart and remind him of something greater

It would tell stories of peaceful days

This little tiny windchime kept his longing company 


He found trust in this melody 

Its each jewel grazing against one another to sing a song of comfort

A magnificent vision that mirrored his being

Its peaceful presence opened to bear all colors

For days, months, years on end this chime became his friend


Then one day the wind picked up

He went outside to find his chime rattling about

Its magical sounds turned into relentless pounding

There was no music left to hear on that cold windy day


So he took his windchime down...

He put it away for good.


-Author Unknown



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! spools??? I love it! I am so calling you tomorrow and making you make me one! BTW my sister saw the ring you made me and she wants one.

Jenelle Matson said...

Thanks, I didnt get great pictures of the whole thing but I was too lazy to take more. And I dont know what I have for rings right now but I just finished up a few necklaces; ill see what I can find.

Denise said...

Wow Jenelle, SO creative and beautiful! You should open a store with all of your unique and creative ideas. I'd shop there for sure!