Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mothers Day (better late than never)


To the Mommies in my life:  Happy Mothers Day!


To my Mommy:  Ill make this short and sweet cause if I went into detail about why I am grateful for you as a Mom we would all be here for hours.  Especially in the last five years you and I have grown so much together and you are such a good friend to me.  I know that if I ever needed you, I could call anytime and you would be there.  You love helping your children and playing the role of a Mommy and it is so very apparent.  Your support in my life has been such a gift, no matter how big or small you do your best to always support me or gently guide me in the right direction.  People used to say to me "you are your Mothers daughter" and I never really saw it, I see it everyday now and I love seeing you in me.  I love you Mama and I thank you for being such a good Mom.  After the year you have had there is no greater Mothers Day wish that I have for you than for you to rest your heart and have smiles and ease poured through you.


The lady who first made me an Auntie: Christa.  Growing up Christa always talked about how she would parent.  Quite frankly I always thought she would be the sister that would drive me nuts with her parenting.  Don't get me wrong, I knew she would be a good Mom but I didn't think her and I would have the same parenting techniques.  Boy was I wrong.  She is seriously one of the best Moms I know.  She is so amazing with her children.  Tula and Maverick are her heart and unlike so many Mothers out there, her children are not a chore they are her passion.  Sometimes when I lie in bed and think of my children, I pray for certain qualities Christa brings to her family, I love knowing that I am so proud of my sister I pray to be more like her.  Happy Mothers Day Chris!


If I were to be completely honest, I did not think Tiffany would have children for years!!  When I found out she was pregnant I thought "what the heck? How is this gonna work?".  But about the second I found myself thinking that, was also around the same time that I remembered one small detail, commitment.  Tiffany is about the most committed person I know.  When she decides something, it is a done deal and Mothering was no different.  Tiffany has always been one of my greatest teachers in life, but seeing her as a Mom taught me more than I could imagine.  I really truly have never seen a mother encapsulate so many qualities at the exact same time.  She is so loving, fun, tender, patient, calm, and protective, seriously my list could go on forever.  With Kiya, Tiffany needed to take on a million roles and put on many different hats, she did it with such ease and grace and it was beautiful to watch.  Tiff, I know this Mothers Day is a tough one for you but I want you to know when I see you, I see such a beautiful Mom who is still always putting her daughter first.  I cannot wait to start having babies with you (even if it is Plan B); Happy Mothers Day!


And of course I should mention my Grandma Klettke as it is my first year without her and on this Mothers Day especially I was reminded that without her being such a fabulous Mom I would not have been given the gift of my beautiful Mother.  Everyone brings certain qualities into their family that change the dynamic of their home, I still see so many of your qualities in our home today.  Laughter is definitely one of them, you loved to laugh (and it was honestly one of the sweetest sounds i've heard), sometimes when I see the way my sisters and I laugh with our Mom I think of you and all the giggles that you, Mom, and Lori shared, I bet they were beautiful.  Kindness!  There was one time in my whole life that I ever heard you say something negative about another person (which was actually really cute to hear), you really did follow the whole philosophy of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all".  That one quality alone brought me so much respect for you.  You Grandma, were a beautiful lady who was so loved and adored (who else gets 93 cards sent to them when their sick).  Sometimes I feel like you are away in Arizona and any day now you and your pink nylon shirt and flood pants will come giggling through the front door, oh Grandma I miss you and Mothers Day really did remind me of how lucky I am to have been blessed with you.

3 comments:

T.J. said...

Awe thanks Jen. Tear*

Elaine Matson said...

Jenelle you words are so heart warming and sweet, thanks for loving me, your sisters and my mom this graciously. You are yourself a great daughter, sister, auntie and grand-daughter.

Love u always, mom.

Christa said...

Jenelle, for some reason, this is the first time I have ever actually read this post. It is beautiful. Thank you so much.