Saturday, June 13, 2009

कांत गेट एनौघ!!

“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also” Matthew 6:21 The Msg

My treasures have been bountiful in the past two weeks. This trip has lifted me so high. India itself has been amazing for me and the blessings we have been able to provide have definitely brought back a certain twinkle to my eye. The work that is happening in my soul though is immeasurable, my heart is singing here!

Currently I am driving to Jaipur in the back of a bus (way in the back, like where the luggage is stored however that is more by choice so I can have a bit of time on my own to journal and enjoy my own thoughts). Last night we traveled from Deahradun to Delhi on an overnight sleeper train then we were picked up by our bus (at 4:00am) and went from Delhi to Agra. The train was quite an experience to say the least. There are six beds stacked three high on each side then two more beds at your feet. They are just pull down plastic cloth things and as you crawl into them you definitely wonder how the small chains will possibly hold you up for the whole evening through all the twists and turns. Kaleb, Brittney, and I were in one section with Kaleb on the bottom (oh so manly while protecting the “girls”) and Brit and I were on the very top across from one another. Kaleb and I were on the same side with another gentleman in the middle bed between us. This man had a whooping, disgusting, loud, horrifying cough (to say the least) and he continued to hack up half his lung and hork it into a cup for the entire four hour train ride. Needless to say I could not sleep. I had my face buried in my sheets just praying that I would not get a quarter of whatever the heck sickness he was dealing with. Rather than sleep I entertained my evening by envisioning my mother sleeping across the bed from me. Mom, you would have been freaking out doing your scared-laughing-crazy thing, haha, you amused me all night. I wish I could convince you and Dad to come here eventually but I know it is pushing you a touch far.

The MK camp is officially over. It was fabulous! It placed so many desires on my heart that I did not think I was even interested in originally, and I am really looking forward to where that will lead me. I would love to update everyone on every detail of the camp but it would be best to hold out another week. What I will say is it was an absolutely gorgeous location with children that were a beautiful riot. I am very grateful to have been a part of the camp and to be introduced to a world that is all encompassing.

Oh a quick update on the food. It is still just as fabulous and I have been enjoying every single meal ive had but when I leave I am purging every carb from my body. Whoever the lucky person was that said they lost weight in India has essentially won the lottery. It is straight carbs every single meal and snack we have had. Its is great food but I am sick of all the breads and starting to hit panic mode when I walk into a restaurant. I will be hitting up the wakeboard and gym double time when I get home but until then I am eating up all this deliciousness.

Today we spent the morning at the Taj Mahal which was really neat to experience. I wont give you the whole run down on the history behind it (but if your interested google it cause it is quite an interesting place). It was pretty overwhelming to know that I was standing in the number one wonder of the world. Last year I made a goal to visit at least one wonder of the world every two years. Two in two years is a pretty good start! The building itself is phenomenal (Dad you would love to be here and hear all about the history and the making), we took tons of pictures and had a really great day taking a bit of a break and just exploring. Tonight we will arrive in Jaipur and tomorrow we will spend the day hopefully riding elephants and shopping around the markets. In the evening we will go back to Delhi and start our work in the different shelters and whatnot around the city on Monday morning.

Again I am writing this in hopes I will actually find a connection to post. I hope this message finds all of you well and I hope life at home is fabulous! I quite enjoy the fact that all my friends and family are living in the past to me and I am living in their future, if even by a day it is very fun and a great irony for me seeing as though the present always seems to be the one lost in my world. Anyway, I am safe, having an absolute blast, and really enjoying India. I will write again when I get the chance (although I may not find internet again until London). Love you all!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe that snake! Thats a deadly snake!!!!! CRAZZY GIRL!!! AND love the pic of you sitting by the door and the moving train!

The people look wonderful! I love you beautiful sister~

Christa said...

Jen----glad you are having so much fun. I love al the pictures. If it's any consolation, carb weight comes off ALMOST as easy as it goes on. You will be fine.

Miss you. Your pictures are incredible.

Elaine Matson said...

You make me laugh, yes that crazy laugh that reminds us all of my mom. lol Golly gee Jenelle I know you and that crazy cough had you as freaked out as I would have been.

So glad your enjoying this journey. Looking forward to the next post. Love the pics. Praying for you. MOM

Cheryl Quist said...

Jen, I can almost taste how yummy the naan bread is there. Glad to hear you are enjoying your trip!