Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Farewell London, Its been fun!

There is an artist that I love (Banksy) who had an exhibit this month in London. I found out last minute and was really excited to go check out his work but realized it was about four hours away from where Im staying. Instead I decided to go check out the typical London sites since my time was almost up, it only took a few hours for me to regret my decision. Dont get me wrong, I loved seeing all the typical touristy things but I felt like I was doing it more out of obligation since I was a new visitor to London. Dino took me around for the afternoon and we really enjoyed ourselves but many times through the day I thought to myself, ug 100 pieces – how could I not be there! I hate it when I do that to myself, I did it in Mexico too. Anyway, today was a little different. There were still sights left unseen but I woke up feeling no desire to see the rest so I took off for a day on my own.
Today was lovely. I slept in a bit, then headed into London to check out a few markets. I love markets, I love the junk that is sold in them, I love the vibe, I love the people that go. I bought myself my first bag of cherries this summer and walked around the market perusing on my own. After a few hours I went back into downtown to meander around and accidently found myself buying a tinnnny bit of clothes (this backpacking gig just isn’t for me). It was a really great afternoon. This evening I joined some friends that I met at Hillsong for their small group. It was a really great evening of making new friends, sharing our views, and of course having strangers pray for me (Priscilla your kind prayers made me cry just a touch). It ended up being quite a late evening but I still wanted to make time for my blog since I don’t know what I will have for internet in Ireland. Anyway, I am glad for today, my heart needed it.
Coming to London has been a lot of fun but it has actually been quite difficult as well. My world was so different in India and I have not even begun to absorb that trip and then was plopped into a completely different world. I was definitely in a bit of a shock. I cant really explain it anymore but it was a fairly emotionally draining few days for me and actually made me a bit lonely. I think today helped heal but I am excited to head to Ireland now and see what that journey has in store for me.
One of the best parts of my travels so far is how much time Ive got to spend with myself. I missed me. At home life gets so busy that I rarely make time for myself. I feel like before I left I was not spending nearly as much time as I need too taking care of me, talking to me, being friends with me. Like many relationships in life, I let the busy world eat me up and did not put in nearly as much effort that was needed on me. With this trip I have spent so much time with me again and I have loved it. I am beautiful. Seriously, there are times where I catch a thought or a prayer and I think, man Jenelle you have grown, you are so lovely to be around. I am happy to be in that place again, im sure many things, feelings, hopes, will go back to normal when I get home but one thing I will hold on too is the relationship I have built with myself.
London was fun and a place I would like to come back to visit. I had great hosts, I met some really wonderful new people and I saw a country that was so beautiful (and perfectly old). The land here is so gorgeous and I will miss not having coffee while looking at such beautiful scenery and buildings. I am however really excited for Ireland, cause I know I will just love it there! Ill try and update you (well my blog) along the way. Thanks again for all the emails and love that has been sent my way, there were a few of you that came at just the right time and it means so very much to me.

No comments: