Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Blowing glass like no ones business.....


Glass blowing was sooo much better tonight.  I went in not expecting too much out of myself and excepting I was new and wouldn't get it right away.  To my lovely surprise I got the hang of it pretty quick this week.  I gathered fairly well (a lot better than last week) and pleasantly surprised myself at what I was pulling off.  Today we worked on blowing bubbles as well as making glasses.  I am still working on size but I managed to get a shot type glass (the size was right in between a shot glass and a cup) and then a short cup.  I was good with not having some huge glass and really proud of what I made.  So far we haven't used color however next week we start on that as well as polishing and shaping so I am sure that will be a lot of fun too.  Anyway, it was a really enjoyable class this week, not as stressful, not as many personal expectations, and more having fun.  I only got a couple pictures but this is me at work as well as some of my class in the shop.



1 comment:

Cheryl Quist said...

Awesome! It always helps to have realistic expectations, doesn't it? So glad you're having fun with it...