Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Barcelona so far...

Ahhh Beautiful Barcelona, its the life! Ive got no complaints in this lovely city and I am very much enjoying my time here. From the day Ive arrived though I have been in lazy mode to the max. Lounging around on the beach, browsing around the shops, and parking my butt in a park to journal has been about the summary of my trip so far. Every country I have been too has been a ton of fun but also very busy. I'm grateful for that because I have been able to see so much of many different parts of each country, but coming to Barcelona I made a conscious decision that I'm going to relax even if that means I don't make it to see all of the famous landmarks. So relaxing it is...

Barcelona is beautiful but once again not what I expected. I did think it would be a lot more Americanized than it is and I thought that for sure more people would speak English (not very many people do at all here). As imagined the beaches here are amazing. Volleyball, dances, fires, topless ladies, men in speedos, hundreds of people frying in the sun, its all so typical for a Spanish beach and I adore it! Fingers crossed my tan will be delicious when I get home. I cant say much about the people here cause I really haven't talked to many but who I have met have been wonderful to me (the girls here are so nice). My CSing hosts have been really great too. I stayed with Cristian, his parents, and his 93 year old grandmother and really enjoyed my time there. Cristians family did not speak English so we were not able to communicate well through words but the actions we came up with to tell one another about our days or ask each other a question was definitely a sight to see. Cristian was so good to me. He took me to the beach, shopping, to see some sights, to a disco; he really wanted to show me a good time and succeeded. Ive only been at Edwards house for one night but I know I will adore him. He is definitely completely off the wall and hilarious and at the same time super hospitable and mellow. I'm excited for the rest of my stay here.

Tomorrow morning I head out to hitch hike my way to Pamplona to see the running of the bulls. Hitch hiking is ¨forbidden¨ here and I have no idea where I'm going so I'm hoping the guy going with knows a little more (mind you I have no idea who he is and wont find out till were on the road so lets just keep our fingers crossed lol). The streets are flooded with people in every direction so the plan is just to bring our sleeping bags and camp out in the parks with everyone else. I'm so excited and ill try my hardest to remember to come home and blog all about it!

Sending my love from Barcelona....

2 comments:

Elaine Matson said...

Jenelle, another great blog. Enjoy this next leg of you're journey but please be safe those bulls run too fast for a young girl from Canada. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Anonymous said...

Dont worry Mama, girls cant run with them so the temptation isnt even there (although it would be different if I could)