Wednesday, July 01, 2009

My travels with Kiya...


Written June 27th 2009

Throughout my travels many people have passed in and out of my mind. This or that will remind me of someone or make me wish I could share that exact moment with a certain person. For some reason though, one consistent person has remained on my mind, Miss Kiya Jade. I have just missed her so much. In India there were so many itty bitty babies that reminded me of Kiya, in England there were the smallest baby gravesites everywhere and obviously it reminded me of Kiya but also made me weep for the mothers all around the world who have experienced pain like my sisters, in Ireland there are dozens of sheep and bunnies in every blink you take – which are the two animals that remind me of Kiya (its too long to explain why). I had a dream the other night that Tiffany and Kiya came to pick me up from the airport, that’s how it would have been and those are the small things that I am really longing for. I got so caught up with how everyone else was handling the death of Kiya that I never really validated my own pain as an Auntie who lost her niece. I really miss her; I wish I could see her grow. I want to know who she would have become, what kind of lady she would have been, how close the two of us would have been. I am sad for that but I am so grateful that I see her everywhere right now. I feel closer to her here for some reason and it gives me such a feeling of comfort. I have really enjoyed sharing this trip with Kiya and I am excited for the two of us to continue on in this journey. Six months babe, that’s a long one; I miss you baby girl.

No comments: