Thursday, December 03, 2009

Reminiscing on regrets

Written November 19th, 2009

There are few things in life that I feel I have missed out on so far. Whether or not it has been a good choice or not I have essentially done everything that I have ever wanted too. I mean really when I think back on my life there is little that I can think of that I desperately wanted and didn’t do. Sometimes it would have made life easier had I not done them and sometimes it would have saved my heart from a lot of pain if I would have made a different decision. I don’t believe in the whole live your life with no regrets. I think if you didn’t regret certain situations then you didn’t truly learn from them.

Is it strange that one of my regrets is never living in a college dorm? Ive been staying on campus here and I love it. I love waking up and wandering the halls in my slippers to grab some water for my hot chocolate. I love sitting out in the hallways and greeting the same familiar faces every day. I love hearing the action in the hallway on a busy Friday evening. I really enjoy the cheap warm food that is cooked for me essentially any time of the day. I am in love with the convenient community feel where anything I want is within a few minute walk at a cheap im-such-a-poor-student rate. I love the on-campus activities, the friendships that are built, the late night sleepovers because there is too much to talk about, and the dorm romances swirling in the air, ohh I really do just love it all.

Unfortunately I feel like one of those stubborn thirty five year old men who have lived their life single for so long no girl wants them cause they don’t know how to get out of self for long enough to be interesting. As much as I love dorm life I don’t see it in my future any time soon. Im too used to independent living, having lots of my own space, parking my car directly in front of my house, and I am very used to the idea of not going back to school again. So, its official I am chalking up dorm living to another notch on my list of regrets. In the mean time Ill be wandering the halls pretending im a student who cant find my class, ill be chatting it up in the mess hall while eating too much food, and ill be falling asleep to the busy footsteps outside my door of all those young college lives….ahhh the dorm life!

No comments: