Sunday, December 27, 2009

We live by faith, not by sight. ~2 Corinthians 5:7

Faith to me is one of the most amazing gifts I have been given. If I were to be honest God sometimes feels like a large fairy tale that I was tricked into believing. God doesn’t speak to me (at least not in a clear definitive manner) and he’s let me slip a time or two too many if you ask me, yet somehow none of that has ever swayed my heart. My faith continues to be unmovable and as it fervently grows I am able to recognize more of God’s blessings being poured out into my life. My relationship with God and my hope for 2009 was very much blind faith this past year, blind faith that I previously cursed and now am eternally grateful for.


2009 has pretty much been one huge blessing. As I look back on my year to recount all my beautiful experiences, growths, and changes I cannot begin to fully compile my overflowing list; it really is just too big. Some of the highlights of my year have been the amazing friendships I have made, the goals I set and achieved throughout the year, being blessed to have the year off from work to enjoy myself and travel to thirteen amazing countries, getting to know my heart and my spirit in a whole new light, and having a wonderful supportive family that were kept healthy and uplifted throughout the year.

I began writing my blog a year ago which was more-so for myself. The original purpose was actually for me to work on the goals I had set for myself at the beginning of the year and hold myself accountable in a more vulnerable way. Although my blog has become much about my travels and adventures and is more censored due to my audience, I believe it served its purpose and I am very glad I began this outlet.

Im not a New Year’s resolution type person (basically cause I hate people telling me what to do, even if it’s a day of the year telling me) but last year maybe out of desperation I did write down a few goals for myself and I gotta say I am exceptionally proud of everything I accomplished this year. All but one of my goals I managed to complete in a way that I felt absolutely proud about and satisfied with. Actually, looking back on this list today really did make me smile so big with satisfaction.


My very first blog:
“This year I will smile more, I will enjoy myself and my world to a greater degree, I will challenge myself to new adventures, I will show more people my art, I will step out of my boundaries, I will try something new, I will be vulnerable, I will spend more time with God, I will relax, I will taste something foreign, I will set goals and keep them, I will be more positive, I will shave my legs more often, I will chip down my wall, I will meet new people, I will love deeper, I will work on freeing myself of my past, I will laugh more often. I will....”


And so, last years ending does indeed still apply. This blog is an opportunity for me to journal my adventures of 2010. I will share my ups (and possibly even my downs), I will log where I go, what new opportunities I arrive upon, and what makes my soul sing. Enjoy!

2010 goals are yet to come…

No comments: